Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Biased Highly Esteemed Love

Kids...a joyful sound to my ears! I love them loud, I love them quiet, I love them happy and especially LOVE (on them) when they are sad. I don't care if it is a child that is family, a child I know well...I even pray for children by name that I have never met. I LOVE kids!

I am so thankful to a be a Mom. It didn't happen by birth, it happened because it was His plan. It didn't happen because I wanted it...believe me, if you knew me when I was in my thirties - I thought I would go crazy without a child.

God saved a precious family for me.





These are our children. John & Nicole (top photo) and Justin & Casey (lower photo). Yes, I'm biased...they are beautiful. I don't even apologize anymore for gushing...

I am proud of our kids for so many things...and yes, again - I am biased, a Mom's privilege.

So, I'll pick only one.

I am so proud of how they let Christ lead their lives.

They are way better at it than I was at their age. I was definitely a slow learner.

Justin shared this quote earlier in the week with me, from John Piper (http://www.desiringgod.org/Blog/ squeel if you are a Piper fan)!

"Don't marry so you can stop pursuing women. Marry so you can perfect the pursuit of one woman for a lifetime."


I knew, by him making sure I heard the quote, he is proud to be married and is in the perfect pursuit of Casey for a lifetime. (smiling)

John and Nicole are walking through The Love Dare (smiling)...it is an awesome experience for couples. I'm excited for them! Have you seen Fireproof...if not...rent it...then do The Love Dare.

There is one Dare that I continue to make a priority for everyday life...not just a one time Dare. (In the end, I think we implement almost every Dare with a new priority).

"Choose a way to show honor and respect to your spouse that is above your normal routine. It may be holding the door for her. It might be putting his clothes away for him. It may be the way you listen and speak in your communication. Show your mate that he or she is highly esteemed in your eyes."

Shouldn't we make those we love feel "highly esteemed" in our eyes everyday?

How precious also are Your thoughts to me. How vast is the sum of them! If I should count them, they would outnumber the sand. - Psalm 139: 17-18

I do hold my husband and children in "high esteem", and I am blessed beyond what I deserve. I'm thinking now, if I treated everyone I meet today with "high esteem"...it might really make a difference in their day (maybe in their life).

Now I've got my thinkin' cap on (now don't be making fun of our East Texasisms, thinkin' caps can get alot accomplished...), I'm going to build an expanded "highly exteemed" list...(and I'm adding your name next).

No comments:

Post a Comment