Sunday, November 29, 2009

Why Isn't Everyday A Holiday?

We had such a great time with family and friends over Thanksgiving.

John's family came the weekend before. It was perfect weather, and time that we all treasured.



Justin & Brinkley played by the lake...



Rich fished from the bank...



And my SIL, Lori...she is my bestest ;p


On Thanksgiving John and I prepared a meal, took it to the hospital and watched the Cowboy game. Again, treasured time together. Mummy loved that we were there, Papaw mentioned how he treasured being able to watch the game with John. I think it was the only traditional experience he felt.

It was such a blessing to have the time with the two of them.

On Saturday, we got together with my crew. Man, I loved having the time with the kids. My sisters' four I have mentioned before. I was so blessed to be able to stay home with them when they were little. My brother also has four, three girls and a boy.



My nieces and nephews....Jonah, Jessica, Jentry, Jake, Lexie, Morgan, Jared, Jourdan and her husband Brad.




My nieces and nephews with my Mom & Dad...we are so blessed to have this time together. My Dad has been in and out of the hospital for the past year. He had a surgery just a week ago, thank you God for giving us this Thanksgiving together.

I love the holidays.

I wish we made more time for each other...I wish for days that are just "ordinary", but feel like holidays...

Know what I mean?

A typical Saturday, we would gather at Mom's, she would make one of her fabulous meals, we would play horseshoes outside, or Scattegories inside...just on a typical Saturday.

So, why don't we?

2 comments:

  1. Great looking family there....glad you had
    a Blessed Thanksgiving....
    Sweet Blessings....
    Tonja

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! Looks like ya'll had a great time!

    ReplyDelete