Thursday, August 27, 2009

OOOOHHHH Baby



I never wanted to be anything but a Mom....well, actually that's a little fib...I wanted to be a Mom to at least six kids. I wanted to be in the stands every Friday night cheering for years and years...for my kids, then their kids.
God's plan was not for me to be a birth mom. My sister shared her children in a way that I'm not sure many would do. She allowed me to love them as she would, she allowed them to love me as they love her. What a gift...she will never be able to understand how she truly filled a hole in my heart. They are now 25, 24, 20 and 18 and are as much a part of my life today as the day they were born.
Then, John did the same. When we married, he allowed me to love his children as their Mom would have. Many times I have felt guilty that I am here for this part of their precious lives, but try to honor her by simply filling in - never to replace her. And, fortunately, Justin and Nicole have allowed me into a special place in their hearts - not one that is reserved only for their Mom - but one in the parking spot right beside.
So as Nicole married John last summer, and Justin married Casey last fall, it was no secret to anyone that I couldn't wait for them to build their families.
We've known for a few weeks that it is happening, but honored them until they were ready to share the news with the entire world.
Well, world, please meet our first grandchild....OMG, can hardly believe it!
Our daughter-in-law Casey is 10-1/2 weeks pregnant, and we are thrilled.
Full out warning, I will force you to look at pictures all the time, you will be laden with stories about something (probably ordinary) extraordinary that this child will do. I will be the grandmother that will spoil them rotten, and remind their parents daily that God has trusted them with his greatest treasure.
And, we have "our" official names....
Let me introduce two new soon-to-be grandparents: Lolli (me) and Pops (John)
You will recognize us - we're the ones that you couldn't wipe the smiles off our faces if you tried!

3 comments:

  1. Sooooo happy for you both. And I am looking forward to seeing and hearing more about this new little one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. woohoo! My parents say that being a grandparent is the best thing ever! Prayers for a healhty happy baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO excited for you both! I know you're going to be grandparents to that little baby like Grace has...she loves them to bunches. Prefers them sometimes, actually! haha....

    ReplyDelete