Sunday, August 9, 2009

Goodbye Summer - Hello Fall


Summer is an interesting time in our household.
The assumption is that John, like most in the school biz, enjoys a summer hiatus. Reality is...summer could be a strong contender for the busiest time of the year.
We moved in the summer to Malakoff, and his first challenge was opening two brand new schools on time. One school was on schedule, the second was WAAAYYY behind. It did open right on time, with help from a community, friends the Supt. and wifey helping teachers carry in boxes and get their rooms finished as the clock clicked down.
Last year's summer challenge was just as busy, with multiple projects.
This year, the middle school is undergoing a much needed renovation, and it looks AWESOME. But again...the clock is ticking, the pressure is on. Teachers will be the first to be able to get set up, office and admin will be last...so get ready, I might be giving you a call to help us carry boxes in ;p
I love that my husband gives his life to projects that house, care for and educate children. I love that my husband gives his life to kids... period.
OK...got the mushy stuff over...(I hope I ALWAYS and FOREVER feel mushy when I talk about him).
Back to summer - moreover, the fact that it is coming to a quick end.
Every year, I find myself getting excited that summer is ending.
I LOVE FALL...the colors, the air and the cool nights.
I'm beginning to look around my home in preparation of a fall palate.
It might be time for some new paint, I'll get different colors out as bedding, and prepare our home (our sanctuary) to give us and our guests the same cool, yet warm fuzzy feeling that fall provides for me.
I have some ideas of what I might like to try this fall, but wondering if you've done something interesting, fun, inventive or just "warm" for your home....
I have an open blog, but I'm not good yet at "spreading" the invitation to know new people. Will you help me? Invite your friends to become part of this blog post...I would love to see pictures or hear of new ideas for fall decor for all of your homes (inside and out). And, of course, recipes are always welcome!
I've posted a photo of something I created that hangs outside our home during the fall. Although it's three years old, it is still one of my favorites.
Can't wait...send 'em on!

3 comments:

  1. Thats a wonderful fall decoration. I can't believe you made it. You are very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know how to reach me if ya need help with the middle school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you never stop posting "mushy" about your hubs either....me, too. When I write about him, it reminds me of how thankful I am to have a good marriage. : ) I"ll try to post some of my own winter recipes. White Chicken Chili Soup is coming up! - Flo

    ReplyDelete