Friday, June 25, 2010

thank you...fb...tbd...ttfn



....two little words

....not used enough

....because (well...there is just no good excuse)

My friend Kimmy began to post each day on her FB, the 5 things she was thankful for that day (thank you Kimmy)...and I "borrowed" it.

It was healthy for me...and the end of each day, it forced me to say thank you...out loud for precious gifts that I selfishly take for granted. Maybe I was the only one to read them...but the exercise of doing so is....just....can you say.....aahhhh. The big kind of aahhhh...the big sigh related to being content, and yes, grateful.

Some days the things are small (and I had to really look hard for them, or so it felt)...some days there have been BIG things...but nonetheless...they are all things I should be (and am) thankful for.

And I should say thanks, give thanks...and this little top 5 has been an important lesson.

So today...before it even starts...I am thinking of things I will be thankful for:

1) turn your speaker up...George Strait...Rollin On the River of Love...makes me dance around the kitchen (and Gracie thinks I've finally lost it)

2) another cloudy day, keeping temperatures bearable...and perhaps a little rain

3) "date" night with the hubby

4) the coffee brewing, right now...and the sweet aroma it is painting my home with

5) .... tbd

I'm giggling as I am writing this...tonight, when I post...these things probably won't even make the top 5...because I fully expect this day to be filled with immeasurable blessings...and yes, I will give thanks.

And for my little friend that is looking for reasons to smile today...ttfn (you can smile now...yes, others do think about and care for you everyday)

No comments:

Post a Comment