Friday, April 2, 2010

In Your Easter Bonnet

Does anyone that reads my posts recall this song? Two "movie" versions I recall were sung first by Bing Crosby, then by Judy Garland.

Oh my...when she put on that big beautiful hat and strolled "down the avenue" with Fred Astaire...it was truly grand. (you can still find this clip on youtube)

As a kid, those movies were how I "saw the world". It was beautiful, it was in color, there was always a happy ending...(some things never change - it's still how I choose to see the world ;p).

So...as Dad talks about his spiral ham for Easter, the kids are discussing which service to attend, John's rummaging through the pantries for the ingredients for his potatoes au gratin, and wishing I could still sit for hours and dye eggs with the kids...

I can't get her out of my head...





No, it's not her Easter bonnet!

Almost every night before I shut the computer down, I go to this particular photo.

I can almost smell her, fresh from her bath, hair in little curls, and those big eyes peeking through under Winnie the Pooh. I am so thankful the kids "share" small daily details with us...we are blessed to live in this age of gadgets. It sure helps "ease" the pain of not being there everyday.

No, this is not her "Easter bonnet"...but wait until I see her on Easter!

I can promise you there will be photos (yes, plural)!

Happy Easter my sweet little girl, Lolli loves you (and you, too)!

No comments:

Post a Comment